Saturday, January 16, 2010

One College Graduate Confession Letter To His Peasant Worker Father

"Dad, yesterday you asked me how much money I have saved, I said that I've saved a little over 8,000, you seemed a little unhappy...Dad I was really afraid to tell you actually there are not even 500 in my bank card...I am sorry, I should not have lied. Last time Mom asked me on the phone how much I make a month I told her 3,200 out of thin air...I am really sorry for disappointing you after so much schooling...Sometime ago you asked me if I was going to be home for Chinese New Years (Spring Festival begins 14 February) Dad your Son does not have a face to go home..."

The Writer named, "I am a Little Cat" says that he is a university graduate, worked for 1.50 years, usually lies to his parents saying that he lives a good life, the Spring festival is coming and he is so poor that he can't even afford to buy a sweater for his Mother.

Subsequent to the post that may be read here Via China Hush in English, the confession letter evoked a lot of heated emotions
among Netizens especially recent college graduates.

Join the discussion here Via Peoples Daily Online