Thursday, November 20, 2008

Taiwan, China Different Countries


Kay Leventhal was born in Taiwan but was forced to rewrite her own history when applying for a Visa at the Chinese Consulate in
San Francisco.

"...In early October I went to the Chinese Embassy in San Francisco
to get Visa's for my 8 year old daughter Lea and I to travel to China...
it was Lea's first trip to China and her first visit with her Chinese Grandma in over three years. We were going to stay for 11 days in Shanghai...the Clerk placed the Visa application in front of me and pointed to the 'Place of Birth' section with her pen. I had written Taipei, Taiwan...She looked at me and said in an official voice, Taiwan is not a country, what you wrote here is wrong..."

Erasing Taiwan, My Birth Country here from New America Media