Saturday, June 28, 2008

Smiling Faces Children Pride In Beijing 2008



Students glue their drawings of "smiling faces" to a large image of the five Olympic Rings in Huaibei, Anhui Province as part of Olympic Day. Xinhua Photos. More here from China Foto Press.com

Little Ambassadors ranging in ages from 15 to 21 received special gifts at a donation ceremony in Beijing on Sunday.

Tang Xiaoquan, Senior Official of China Diabled Persons Federation said, "Everyone is equal to have an Olympic Dream and enjoy the rights of the Olympics..."

Chen Gulu a 9 year old from Sichuan Province said, "When I held the Torch I just cried...I was so excited and later I phoned my parents to describe what I saw and what I did. I hope that I could be a Torch Bearer when I grow up."

More here from China.org

Newly completed Birds Nest National Stadium welcomes guests today.